• A natural herbal supplement for respiratory conditions such as asthma & hayfever •
Traditionally, Yamoa Powder is mixed with honey and taken by the teaspoon twice a day for one month, or ¼ teaspoon of the powder (which tastes bitter) is mixed with juice or water and is taken twice a day for a month.
For convenience, Yamoa powder is also available in capsules. Considering that many asthma patients obtain lasting relief from just a one to two month course, Yamoa is a bargain.
More detailed dosage information is given below.
Yamoa Powder:Mix the entire contents of the 30gm bottle thoroughly with an average size jar of honey, about 1lb (454gm). Stir well until the powder is completely mixed; also stir the mixture each time you use it.
Adults: One 5 ml standard teaspoonful of the mixture twice a day for one month continuously OR take a ¼ of a 5ml spoon(teaspoon) of powder twice a day with a glass of water or fruit juice, tea or any beverage.
Children: Aged 2 to 12: Half a 5ml teaspoon twice a day for one month continuously.
Babies: And toddlers up to the age of 2: Yamoa Powder is perfectly safe for toddlers and babies - it has no known side effects. However, the use of honey or jam is not recommended for very young children under 2 years old because of the high level of refined sugar and for babies the risk of Botulism (bacteria in honey).
Dr Williams recommends that for very young children under two years of age either a naturally sweetened jam – free of sugar and artificial sweetners – or even an unsweetened bottle of baby food should be used instead of honey. Please note that diabetic jams usually have artificial sweeteners added, so they are best avoided.
Adults: 1 capsule twice a day (morning and evening) with water.
Children: Aged 12 & under: We recommend using powder rather than capsules as it is avoids splitting capsules in two for the half dose required.
IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO STOP YOUR OR YOUR CHILD’S CURRENT MEDICATION WITHOUT YOUR DOCTOR’S ADVICE.
FOR BEST RESULTS, FINISH ENTIRE COURSE OF TREATMENT EVEN IF RELIEF IS FOUND AT AN EARLY STAGE OF TREATMENT.
PLEASE WRITE TO US WITH YOUR COMMENTS, AFTER ONE MONTH’S TREATMENT.
Other Hints On Usage:
1) The powder is bitter; hence the suggested honey mixture. If honey is unacceptable, any other product may be used provided it can be well stirred and that it will keep for a month once opened. 1lb (454gm) should be used as this ensures the right dosage. Please remember a child's dose is half a teaspoon, and that the mixture will be taken over approximately 2 months in all for a child.
2) If you are a diabetic, you are best advised to mix it with a low sugar carrier. We have Yamoa Powder in Capsule form, which is ideal for people who cannot take Yamoa Powder mixed in honey.
3) Most people find they get results within the first month. Yamoa pack sizes last approximately one month for adults (and inevitably twice as long for children). Research indicates optimum results over two month.
4) The twice daily dose should be at least 6 hours apart; it does not have to be at meal times but generally people find it easier to associate their Yamoa with these fixed times.